Even the pope needs to step back from his busy schedule to make a spiritual retreat. This year Pope Francis and members of the Roman Curia will spend March 6 through March 10 at the Casa Divin Maestro in Ariccia, Italy.
Fr. Ermes Ronchi, of the Servants of Mary, will lead the group in spiritual exercises based on 10 questions from the Gospels. Why not join him in contemplating these ten questions, which will open the meditations?
1. “What are you looking for?” (John 1:38)
2. “Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?” (Mark 4:40)
3. “You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt has become tasteless, how can it be made salty again?” (Matthew 5:13)
4. “But who do you say that I am?” (Luke 9:20)
5. “Then, turning to the woman, he told Simon, ‘Do you see this woman?’” (Luke 7:44)
6. “How many loaves do you have?” (Mark 6:38, Matthew 15:34)
7. “Straightening up, Jesus said to her, ‘Woman, where are they? Did no one condemn you?’” (John 8:10)
8. “Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?” (John 20:15)
9.“Simon, son of John, do you love me?” (John 21:16)
10. “Mary said to the angel, ‘How can this be?’” (Luke 1:34).
To follow along with the papal retreat this Lent, and make it your own, click here.