One successful child from down Under is the original Aussie, surf animal and also 8-time world champ Layne Beachley from Sydney. She's not only the reigning competition queen and big wave charger but also a business woman. She paved the way for women surfers and changed the way the world looks at woman in surfing.
A Profile of Layne Beachley, world reknowned surfer and child of rape
Aleteia - published on 03/08/13
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in seven languages: English, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!