Baptism makes us adopted sons of God. Benedict XVI repeated this yesterday during the homily of the Mass in the Sistine Chapel where 13 infants were baptized. Baptism is the bridge Christ built to us. When children are baptized, the Holy Father stated, they are immersed in the light of God and His teachings. This takes nothing from them, but rather enriches them with Divine Life, in which true fre
Benedict XVI: a child is entrusted to his parents by God
Aleteia - published on 03/08/13
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in seven languages: English, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!