Some very cool footage of the Papal Elections in 1922. Even though the film is silent it captures the energy and continuity of the Catholic Church.Semi-close of Cardinal Mercier, Vatican corridors on their way to the electoral chamber. Ground shots of Cardinals coming to and past camera. Eager and reverent crowds fill the vast square in front of St. Peter's to hear the results of the Papal ballot.
Very Rare Silent Footage of the 1922 Papal Elections !!!
Aleteia - published on 03/08/13
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in seven languages: English, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!