A new poll finds 53% of American support legalization of gay marriage, while only 39% oppose it
CBS explains the 5 possible outcomes of the Supreme Court Prop. 8 case, ranging from the court creating a constitutional right to gay marriage to ruling the federal government has jurisdiction over marriage.
To mark the important date, traditional marriage supporters are assembling for what they are calling the March for Marriage (which seems to allude to the March for Life in its name). Supporters of gay marriage have also assembled.
A new poll conducted by CBS finds that 53% of Americans now support the legalization of gay marriage, while only 39% say it should not be legal.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!