Without the Gospel, we are held captive by sin and death
The Gospel of Jesus Christ brings the good news that these bonds of sin and death have been broken for us: “And even when you were dead (in) transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, he brought you to life along with him, having forgiven us all our transgressions” (Col. 2:13).
The “good news” of the Gospel is unique because it is a message that not only enlightens minds but carries the possibility of transformation for every person. Benedict XVI writes:
Every Christian has the duty, given by Jesus himself, of bringing this new life of the Gospel to those who do not know it in order to spread the Kingdom of God.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!