Pro-lifers have tried to bring attention to the Gosnell story for years
Dr. Kermit Gosnell, a late-term abortionist in Pennsylvania, has been charged with murdering infants born alive as well as several women from botched abortions. For more on the background and details of the Gosnell trial case, Conor Friedersdorf over at the Atlantic has laid out the facts.
Rep. Christ Smith argued that if the doctor had used guns to kill the children and mothers, the story would be national news.
Mollie Hemingway of the blog Get Religion has interacted with some journalists, asking them why they haven't covered the story – and then shows their reasons to be insufficient.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!