Over a 100 years of history of cinema includes significant representations of Jesus and the story of his life, death and resurrection. Beginning with the Italian movie Christus (1916), and including classics such as Ben Hur (1959) and the more recent The Passion of the Christ (2004), the documentary shows how cinema has treated the story of Christianity.
Jesus in Film
Aleteia - published on 07/02/13 - updated on 06/08/17
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in seven languages: English, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!