When he was elected Pope John Paul II in 1978, Karol Wotyla became the first Slav ever to take the seat of St. Peter. Over the next 26 years, he would change the image of the papacy forever. John Paul the Great takes you through the extraordinary life of one of the 21st century’s greatest men.Karol Jozef Wojtyla, known as John Paul II since his October 1978 election to the papacy, was born in the
John Paul The Great: A Pope Who Made History (Trailer 1)
Aleteia - published on 07/02/13
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in seven languages: English, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!