Check out this breakdancing street art come to life at night on the streets of London…
Known only as Above this international street artist from California keeps his identity private.
He specialises in multilayer stencils with political or social significance, as well as in kinetic art, which is artwork that assimilates multidimensional movement. Nowadays this often entails 3 dimensional artifacts that actually move, but in Above’s case, he effects the illusion of movement.
He began his street art career in 1995 by tagging his 'Above' signature through graffiti on freight trains in California. Since then he has toured the world and his latest stop was London, where after a lot of searching, he found the perfect street to paint his break-dancer, who “comes to life” as night time descends.
The work received a lot of positive attention by media, mostly for its originality and sheer randomness!
To see more of Above’s work, check out his online studio here
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!