The announcer said the school’s LGBTQ club had roots in the Jesuit tradition and encouraged everyone to attend the local gay pride parade.
The blog wrote of the event:
Here’s the poster for the event that was tweeted out by the University.
The Cardinal Newman Society reported earlier this year that several official departments at the Jesuit university not only encouraged students to take part in the city’s previous LGBT Pride Parade but also provided free t-shirts to students and their guests who signed up to march.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!