Originally self-published, Rose’s book is being re-released by Catholic Answers.
Rose self-published an earlier version of the book with the title If Protestantism Is True in the summer of 2011. With a successful low-budget, blog-to-blog marketing campaign, the book took off and sold thousands of copies. Catholics Answers took notice and offered to help him edit a new version and re-publish it. With the release of The Protestant's Dilemma, If Protestantism Is True has been discontinued (though you can find used copies on Amazon for upwards of $125!).
The website for The Protestant's Dilemma, which has options for buying print or ebook versions, has some impressive endorsements from other well known Catholic converts and authors Brandon Vogt, Taylor Marshall, and Francis Beckwith.
Below is a great interview with Rose about the book with Catholic Answers Senior Apologist Jimmy Akin:
Brantly Millegan is an Assistant Editor for Aleteia. He is also Co-Founder and Co-Editor of Second Nature, Co-Director of the International Institute for the Study of Technology and Christianity, and is working on a M.A. in Theology at the St. Paul Seminary School of Divinity. He lives with his wife and children in South St. Paul, MN. His personal website is brantlymillegan.com.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!