This story of a Latino family reveals the beauty of the Church’s teaching on marriage.
El Matrimonio invites viewers into a compelling story about a faithful marriage of fifty years and a young man and woman skeptical of marriage. The film and companion study guide address all four catechetical themes of the bishops’ "Marriage: Unique for a Reason" initiative: sexual difference and complementarity, the good of children, the common good, and religious freedom.
“This is a one-of-a kind resource, and it is my hope that El Matrimonio will be a fruitful tool for advancing the conversation in both Spanish- and English-speaking communities on the true meaning of marriage,” said Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone of San Francisco, chairman of the Subcommittee. “The film’s story conveys real difficulties that numerous families encounter, but with compassion and without compromising the truth about God’s loving plan for marriage and family. In this way, the film portrays what we are all called to do: to love without compromising the truth, and to be witnesses to God’s plan with love and mercy. Love and truth go together. I pray that this film will provide opportunities for a deeper and more thoughtful study of, and increased reflection on the gift of marriage.”
El Matrimonio: Hecho para el amor y la vida and other educational materials from the "Marriage: Unique for a Reason" initiative are available online at www.marriageuniqueforareason.org and in Spanish, www.elmatrimoniounicoyconrazon.org, and are available for purchase at www.usccbpublishing.org.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!