AMU encourages interest in the arts through construction plans.
The performing arts center, which is expected to be finished in 2016, will “give students a much-needed venue to practice and master their talents and further study the arts.” The University reports:
The $10 million performing arts center will feature a thrust stage extending into the audience and also house classrooms, a multi-media studio, office space, practice rooms and an art gallery. Its location will give AMU students the opportunity to experience the arts within a short walk on campus. In addition, the University will now have a first-class venue to host both internal and external events such as graduation and conferences.
“We have started a new era,” said AMU President Jim Towey. “Our founder, Tom Monaghan, had a great interest in the arts and planted the seeds. More and more of our students, coming from all over the world, are interested in the arts and this new performing arts center will fill that need.”
Not only does AMU expect the new center to draw students from around the world who are interested in the arts, but also to attract top-flight faculty members to teach at the University.
Ave Maria University is recommended in The Newman Guide for its strong Catholic identity.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!