MUSIC.ART.CULTURE.LIFE ~ Beauty is a call. Beauty is a shock. Beauty is a wound that raises us above the world and into the realm of the transcendent. Welcome to Call.
In ancient Greek the word for beauty is derived from a word which literally means a call.
Beauty is a call. Beauty is a shock. Beauty is a wound that raises us above the world of what philosopher Jacques Maritain called our sense needs and sentimental egos–into the realm of the transcendent.
Welcome to Call.
Your place on Aleteia for reviews and commentary on the arts, entertainment and culture.Refreshed each Friday.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!