Fifth meeting continues to examine issues of Church governance.
The Cardinals who make up the Council are Giuseppe Bertello, President of the Pontifical Commission for the Vatican City State; Francisco Javier Errázuriz Ossa, Archbishop Emeritus of Santigo de Chile; Oswald Gracias, Archbishop of Bombay; Reinhard Marx, Archbishop of Munich; Laurent Monsengwo Pasinya, Archbishop of Kinshasa; Seán Patrick O’Malley, Archbishop of Boston; George Pell, Archbishop of Sydney, and Óscar Andrés Rodríguez Maradiaga, Archbishop of Tegucigalpa.
They have been appointed with the specific task of advising the Pope on the government of the Church and the revision of the Apostolic Constitution Pastor Bonus on the Roman Curia.
They are scheduled to continue their meetings until Friday, July 4.
Previous meetings of the Council of Cardinals took place Oct. 1-3, 2013; Dec. 3-5, 2013; Feb. 17-19, and April 28-30.
In an April statement the Vatican said the group has finished a review of the Holy See’s nine congregations or governmental bodies, and are now proceeding to review its 12 auxiliary bodies, known as councils.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!