Nephew remains in critical condition following accident that killed wife, kids.
Argentine President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner has expressed condolences to Pope Francis for the tragic accident which claimed the lives of three of the Pope's family members in Argentina.
The Vatican Press Office said Fernández called the Pope Wednesday to convey her personal sorrow and that of the Argentinian people for the Pontiff’s loss.
One of Pope Francis’ 16 nephews and nieces was involved in a traffic accident which claimed the life of his nephew’s wife and two infant children.
The nephew remains in critical condition.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!