Islamic march in British town shocks woman who grew up there. She’s told she will burn in hell.
All of a sudden, you see a protest march, with women in full-body burqas and men carrying black flags with Arabic script. People are chanting that your country and your police should "go to hell."
You confront some of the people because you are so incredulous that this is happening in your own country. People start telling you that you’re also going to hell—unless you become a Muslim.
You’re a woman, and you are modestly dressed. But a woman in a burqa tells you that you "look naked in the street" and you that you seem to be trying to seduce men.
That’s what happened to Nattie Goldberg Nameri. She went back to the town where she grew up, 30 miles north of London, and encountered this march.
Take a look and see what you think. What would you do if this happened in your town?
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!