Pope Francis: “I am following with great concern the alarming increase in tension in Jerusalem and other areas of the Holy Land, with unacceptable episodes of violence that spare not even places of worship. I promise a special prayer for all the victims of this tragic situation and for all those who are suffering from its consequences. From the bottom of my heart, I make an appeal to the parties involved to put an end to the spiral of hatred and violence and to take bold decisions for reconciliation and peace. Building peace is difficult, but living without peace is torment.”
Pope Francis appeals for peace in the Holy Land
Aleteia - published on 11/19/14
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in seven languages: English, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!