"This is the goal toward which the Church tends: it is, the Bible says, the “new Jerusalem”, “heaven”. More than a place, it is a “state” in which our deepest expectations will be fulfilled superabundantly and our being, as creatures and as children of God, will attain to full maturity. We will finally be completely enfolded in the joy, peace and love of God, without any limit, and we shall see Him face to face! It is lovely to think about this, to think about heaven. We will all be there, all of us. It is lovely to think of this, it gives strength to the soul".
Pope Francis General Audience: “The Church is not a static reality”
Aleteia - published on 11/26/14
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in seven languages: English, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!