Francis brings son of Argentine composer to Rome for 50th anniversary of Missa Criolla.
And for the parts of the Mass, the Argentinian Pope chose the Missa Criolla, or "Creole Mass," composed 50 years ago by his compatriot, Ariel Ramirez (1921- 2010). It was conducted by Ramirez’ son, Facundo Ramirez, and sung by Patricia Sosa, Jaime Torres, and the Roman choir Música Nuova (New Music).
Here is the “Gloria” of the Missa Criolla.
Support Aleteia! It only takes a minute.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!