A t-shirt is not always just a t-shirt
While it was probably more of a fashion thing than an expression of allegiance to the Marxist icon, kids on campus today are donning Pope Francis t-shirts with a purpose. Popular among the young for his humility and love of the poor, the Holy Father is taking the campus fashion world by storm.
FOCUS, the Fellowship of Catholic University Students, is offering the t-shirts emblazoned with Pope Francis’ image at their website for $11.99. The group provides outreach and support to Catholic university students at secular and Catholic schools across the country.
Zelda Caldwell is an editorial assistant at Aleteia.org
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!