School “shocked” she’s actually Catholic
At first, Jannuzzi’s post was removed. USA Today described the story this way:
religion teacher at a Catholic high school in New Jersey is drawing the ire of alumni across the country, including a former
Real Housewives of New Jersey cast member and New-Jersey-raised Susan Sarandon.
On her now-deleted Facebook profile earlier this week, the veteran private Catholic school teacher said gays or gay activists "want to reengineer western civ (sic) into a slow extinction as part of their "agenda."
"We need healthy families with a mother and a father for the sake of the children and humanity!!!!!" wrote Immaculata High School teacher Patricia Jannuzzi, adding that the argument that gays are protected under the 14th Amendment is "bologna."
Then, the school suspended Jannuzzi. According to Austin Ruse of Breitbart News, the monsignor who runs the school said her Facebook post was perceived as hostile to gays:
Jannuzzi has worked in various roles for Immaculate Conception Church for going on 30 years. Besides teaching in the school, she also heads the parish office of the
New Evangelization, Stewardship and Adult Faith Formation. She heads something called the
St. Thomas More Apostolate “to help ensure that our laws are infused with Christian morals and virtues” specifically “life, religious freedom, family life, and moral/ethical issues.”
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!