Dubbed the “Hallelujah Priest”, Fr. Ray Kelly is now an internet sensation
The Irish priest is well known for his singing, and is working on his third record album, but he told Evoke.ie. this couple, who were from out of town, didn’t know about the singing priest.
"Normally for a local couple, they’d ask to sing at the wedding and I’d oblige, but this couple had no idea."
"I put on my track for Leonard Cohen and that’s where it took off. The wedding ceremony was over, we were about to have the final prayer and do the civil part of the ceremony."
"The responses was quite amazing – there were some standing ovations and there was a big cheer and roar."
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!