Dubbed the “Hallelujah Priest”, Fr. Ray Kelly is now an internet sensation
The Irish priest is well known for his singing, and is working on his third record album, but he told Evoke.ie. this couple, who were from out of town, didn’t know about the singing priest.
"Normally for a local couple, they’d ask to sing at the wedding and I’d oblige, but this couple had no idea."
"I put on my track for Leonard Cohen and that’s where it took off. The wedding ceremony was over, we were about to have the final prayer and do the civil part of the ceremony."
"The responses was quite amazing – there were some standing ovations and there was a big cheer and roar."
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!