Hollywood producers talk about their faith and the hopeful signs they see in the movie business
Solomon and Konzelman are Catholics who believe the Lord is at work in Hollywood and modern technology is supporting a growing parallel industry of Christian film-making:
"To put it in neo-Marxist terms, faith-based films have stolen the means of production. They are making films without traditional studios or distribution… And the breaking of that mold is revolutionary." says Konzelman.
Solomon agrees and says that we need to remember there’s a culture war going on:
"People have to realize, we’re at war, and this war is not with guns and bullets, but with scripts and cameras. We are vying for the heart of people who are indecisive and could be lost."
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!