Oh, to be a child again…
Kreeft claims that surfing can make you "good, mystical, peaceful, wise, heavenly, happy, sexy, and even rich."
Many surfers would agree—surfers such as Cory Lopez, who in this video takes his daughter Alana on a fun surfing lesson. With the trust a child puts in a loving father, Alana hops right up on her dad’s back and enjoys the ride.
Cory Lopez, who goes by the nickname, "Lopey" in the surfing world has been top-ranked contender on the ASP World Surfing circuit (ASP World Tour) for many years and is considered to be one of the best "Free Surfers" on the planet. He grew up surfing the Gulf Coast of Florida with his older brother Shea and surfing father, Pete.
“We learned how to surf before we can even remember. We were two-years-old and standing on boards". As the boys matured, there was more than "one occasion" when their dad would get them out of school to surf a "hurricane swell." The Lopez brothers began competing when they were young and have won many surfing championships.
This video may not make you want to take up surfing, but it just might make you wish you were child again.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!