Husband wanders off as an act of love for his wife
Melvyn was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s three years ago, and it’s been hard for Doris to watch the dieases take hold. Melvyn can’t remember their engagement very well, and he generally needs assistance walking outside, but a recent event made Doris realize that Melvyn is still the man she has always known.
The story is a testament to the fact that long-standing habits born of love for another can stay with us, and that this love becomes the deepest part of us, almost instinctual.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!