The greatest companion is Christ Jesus, alive in the Holy Eucharist
During that time, alone in his cell, he would celebrate Holy Mass with a few drops of wine sent to him by friends, and tiny pieces of bread.
Over the years, Van Thuan’s guards would need to be replaced because they kept converting to Catholicism due to his witness.
Read more about Cardinal Van Thuan’s solitary Masses, here
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!