A new international project that unites special artists and a new audience
It is perhaps doubly fitting that we begin this global effort today, on the day we celebrate Christ the King, for as we read at Holy Mass this day: “all peoples, nations, and languages serve him.”
This initiative brings together two worlds. On the one hand inspired artists who help our lives plumb new depths; and on the other an audience of believers and seekers looking for transcendent art that speaks to the soul.
The mission of “Cecilia” is to showcase to the world the music that elevates us and draws us closer to God; music that oftentimes passes under the mainstream radar, but nurtures heart and mind.
For this reason, “Cecilia” is first and foremost a community of people who love music. “Cecilia” will allow you not only to see the latest news, videos, and interviews with artists, but also participate with your remarks and comments.
And if you’d like to enjoy “Cecilia’s” first selections already, don’t lose time. Visit the page at http://aleteia.org/cecilia.
“Cecilia”: As of November 22, it’s a whole new music!
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!