A new international project that unites special artists and a new audience
It is perhaps doubly fitting that we begin this global effort today, on the day we celebrate Christ the King, for as we read at Holy Mass this day: “all peoples, nations, and languages serve him.”
This initiative brings together two worlds. On the one hand inspired artists who help our lives plumb new depths; and on the other an audience of believers and seekers looking for transcendent art that speaks to the soul.
The mission of “Cecilia” is to showcase to the world the music that elevates us and draws us closer to God; music that oftentimes passes under the mainstream radar, but nurtures heart and mind.
For this reason, “Cecilia” is first and foremost a community of people who love music. “Cecilia” will allow you not only to see the latest news, videos, and interviews with artists, but also participate with your remarks and comments.
And if you’d like to enjoy “Cecilia’s” first selections already, don’t lose time. Visit the page at https://aleteia.org/cecilia.
“Cecilia”: As of November 22, it’s a whole new music!
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!