Tensions in Holy Land influence change in traditions
Instead, on Saturday, December 5 at 7:30 PM (12:30 PM, EST) all of the world’s churches are encouraged to ring their bells, as a call to prayer for peace. Vera Baboun, the city’s mayor forcefully insisted that “Bethlehem remains the city of peace…as we approach Christmas we should pray like never before for peace.”
“All the churches in the world” are invited to take part in this call for prayer, by ringing their bells. Those churches planning to do so can alert Bethlehem to their solidarity at firstname.lastname@example.org and are asked to include the following:
- Full name and address of the church
- A hi-def image of the exterior
- A mobile phone number, in order to receive a message when the bells are rung
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!