A man with dementia remembers his first dance with his wife of many years
A woman visits her aging husband in a nursing home. He has dementia and doesn’t remember much, but her gift of a photo book sparks a memory in him. He recalls when they first met and danced together at a New Year’s Eve party. Reliving the moment, the couple dances among the falling autumn leaves.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!