Diocese of Burlington, VT, invites Catholics to participate in the great Jubilee
This Sunday, December 13, Bishop Christopher J. Coyne will open the Holy Door of Mercy at Saint Joseph Co-Cathedral in Burlington, VT, to begin the Jubilee Year of Mercy.
The Year of Mercy is a worldwide extraordinary jubilee declared by Pope Francis, which will be celebrated through November 2016. It’s an invitation for the Church, and all Christians, to be witnesses of mercy in the world today.
This video produced for the Burlington diocese talks about what mercy is, and what can be in store for each of us if we embrace the graces available in the coming year.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!