“Wanna Be Happy?”
Jesus knows just how you feel
Just let him take the wheel
At the 58th Grammy Awards held in Los Angeles on February 15, the best gospel single went to Kirk Franklin for “Wanna Be Happy?”
Other winners in the Gospel category included Toby Mac, Francesca Battistelli, Israel and Newbreed. Among those nominated were Chris Tomlin, Matt Maher, Lauren Daigle and Jason Crabb.
Indifference to the rhythm of “Wanna Be Happy” is impossible. The choir draws us into a crescendo of pathos and positive energy.
As we live our daily lives, struggling with our shortcomings and often making the same mistakes over and over again, sometimes we can be the greatest obstacle to overcoming them.
Our weaknesses can become a path that brings us closer to God if they help us realize how much we need him. We need to have the courage to entrust ourselves to him, to let him be the one who leads our lives, because he knows what we need, and he knows just how you feel inside.
We can find true happiness only in Christ. Every day presents us with the opportunity to be a better person. Now is your chance, but it only works if we want to be truly happy.
And you, do you want to be truly happy?
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!