A tough year and a film on faith combined brought her back to her roots
Speaking on Good Morning Texas, the star revealed that the impetus of her renewed faith has been shooting her latest film, Miracles From Heaven.
The film tells the true story of Annabel Beam, a Texas girl miraculously healed of an incurable disease after surviving a fall that should have been fatal.
The little girl said that while unconscious, she visited heaven and met Christ. In the film, Jennifer Garner plays Annabel’s mother. The actress was touched by Christy Beam’s testimony and her faith, and this led Garner to return to church, bringing her children with her.
“Shooting this film has been amazing, and in sharing about it with my children, I realized that they were looking for the structure that gave them the Church,” said Garner. “Miracles From Heaven has given us a wonderful gift, pushing us to get closer to the faith. This has been a source of real pleasure,” she added. “I grew up going to church every Sunday. When I came to live in Los Angeles, I can’t say that habit continued. But that doesn’t mean I had forgotten who I was.”
Garner and her children are back to attending weekly services at Methodist United Church of Christ, in which she and her three children, Violet, Seraphina and Samuel, were baptized.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!