A tough year and a film on faith combined brought her back to her roots
Speaking on Good Morning Texas, the star revealed that the impetus of her renewed faith has been shooting her latest film, Miracles From Heaven.
The film tells the true story of Annabel Beam, a Texas girl miraculously healed of an incurable disease after surviving a fall that should have been fatal.
The little girl said that while unconscious, she visited heaven and met Christ. In the film, Jennifer Garner plays Annabel’s mother. The actress was touched by Christy Beam’s testimony and her faith, and this led Garner to return to church, bringing her children with her.
“Shooting this film has been amazing, and in sharing about it with my children, I realized that they were looking for the structure that gave them the Church,” said Garner. “Miracles From Heaven has given us a wonderful gift, pushing us to get closer to the faith. This has been a source of real pleasure,” she added. “I grew up going to church every Sunday. When I came to live in Los Angeles, I can’t say that habit continued. But that doesn’t mean I had forgotten who I was.”
Garner and her children are back to attending weekly services at Methodist United Church of Christ, in which she and her three children, Violet, Seraphina and Samuel, were baptized.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!