The “best known elementary school choir on the planet” uses its talent to show support and love
The PS22 Chorus was founded in 2000 by Gregg Breinberg, the music teacher at Public School 22 in Graniteville, Staten Island, New York. The group is made up of about 60-70 fifth graders and has performed for and with many musicians and entertainers, including Tori Amos, Stevie Nicks, Carrie Underwood, and Katie Perry. The chorus has also appeared on many national and international TV shows, including the closing performance of the 83rd Academy Awards.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!