Vatican announces document is titled “Amoris Laetitia”
In a statement issued just before midday in Rome, the Vatican announced the document is titled “Amoris Laetitia” [Latin for “The Joy of Love”], on the love of the family.
The text, said to be some 200 pages, will be presented by Cardinal Lorenzo Baldisseri, Secretary General of the Synod of Bishops, and Cardinal Christoph Schönborn, Archbishop of Vienna, at a press conference on Friday, April 8 at 11:30 a.m. (Rome time), in the John Paul II Hall of the Holy See press office.
The panel will also include a married couple from Italy: Professor Francesco Miano, lecturer in moral philosophy at the University of Rome at Tor Vergata, and Professor Giuseppina De Simone in Miano, lecturer in philosophy at the Theological Facutly of Southern Italy in Naples.
The press conference can be seen via live streaming here, where it will subsequently remain available on demand.
The Vatican said the text will be made available in Italian, French, English, German, Spanish and Portuguese.
Diane Montagna is Rome correspondent for Aleteia’s English edition.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!