A novena of songs inspired by St. Faustina
New Every Morning | Audrey Assad
It’s a song of God’s mercies, which are new every morning. Years ago, Audrey wrote, “I am free to walk in the light. Maybe yesterday I forgot him, or maybe I sinned against him, but today is new, and so am I. I’ve got to live like I’m new, for faith and the Word of God tell me that God has made me so.”
Lord Have Mercy | Greg&Lizzy
Greg Boudreaux, of Greg&Lizzy wrote, “One of the great mysteries, beauties, and ironies of our Christian faith is that the thing we need the most is also the thing we do not deserve, the thing we could never earn. It is mercy.” The song, part of the Vigil Project, leads us with humility and courage to cry out to God for the mercy we so desperately need.
Glory Bound | Matt Maher
Matt Maher’s song from his latest album takes a fresh look at the old Woody Guthrie song, “This Train is Bound for Glory,” which sends the message that there is no room on the train for anybody but the saved. Matt wanted to change this false narrative that limits God’s grace: “There are so many great men and women throughout history who have had conversions at the end of their lives! That’s how audacious and scandalous grace is.”
We cannot forget the words St. Faustina wrote in her diary, “All grace flows from mercy, and the last hour abounds with mercy for us. Let no one doubt concerning the goodness of God; even if a person’s sins were as dark as night. God’s mercy is stronger than our misery.”
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!