“I don’t just want songs to fill a record. I want to hear from heaven. I want to write your heart.”
It’s a challenge every artist faces: How do you perform the same song night in and night out with the same passion? Or worse, without coming to hate the song that made you famous?
Take that one step further for Christian worship leaders: When you a play a song every day, how do you worship with the same spirit and intensity with which you wrote the song? How do you not get caught up in the crowds and the lights, or worse, yourself?
Like many of our artists featured here at Cecilia, Dove Award-winning Christian artist Meredith Andrews faced the same struggle. “I never felt like I could write corporate worship songs, but that’s what I always wanted to do because I am a worship leader. So I just started asking the Lord for songs and I was like, ‘God, I don’t just want songs to fill a record. I want to hear from heaven. I want to write your heart.’”
And for those of us “in the pews,” it’s a good reminder not just to pray with these artists and their music, but also to pray for them, sustaining them in their ministry.
To hear all of Meredith’s worship music, you can find her albums on iTunes.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!