“Ao eterno Rei” (“The Eternal King”)
Just one thing I ask: to dwell in the house of the Lord.
A song that came from of a moment of deep intimacy with God. “Ao eterno Rei” (The Eternal King), from singer and missionary Ana Lúcia from the Brazilia community Canção Nova, expresses the true desire of the soul to meet God.
“Just one thing I ask: to dwell in the house of the Lord,” says a line of the song.
In 2014 the singer wrote in her blog what the lyrics meant for her. She said that “everything in the world is passing, but God and his love remain with us forever.” And from that strong experience of faith she did this song.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!