A team of researchers in Lund’s University, in Sweden, wants to learn more on interspecies communication
The project will study melodic details and vocal variables in humans when addressing their pets, but also the differences in cat’s meowing when they are in the presence of humans. It is quite probable that the results of such research will have a considerable impact not only in the way we understand our fellow house pets, but also how we treat and train therapy animals for those who need them as part of their treatment, in health facilities or their own homes.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!