A playlist for your next party that would put more than one DJ to shame
It is true that, relatively recently, there is an ongoing, shy but steady revival of medieval music. These melodies have been gaining ground among a certain elite of music lovers thanks to the efforts of historians, researchers and musicians such as Jordi Savall, or ensembles such as the Boston Camerata, Musica Reservata or the Capella de Ministrers, to name a few.
But this revival has already hit YouTube as well: with around a million plays and more than two thousand comments, VacnaPaul’s (apparently a musician himself, and medieval music collector and conoisseur) “Hardcore Party Mix” groups together a dozen melodies of the traditional medieval “cancionero” in a single video:
La Suite Meurtriere – Vox Vulgaris
La Segonda retroencha – Martin Best Medieval Ensemble
Salterello [I] – Instanpitta
Rokatanc – Vox Vulgaris
Rassa, tan creis e monta e poia – Martin Best Medieval Ensemble
Salterello -Trotto [II] – Instanpitta
Spanish Bombs – Vox Vulgaris
Au Temps D’auost – Martin Best Medieval Ensemble
Amarcatu – Os Trabucos
Odisete – Os Trabucos
Tempus transit gelidum – Martin Best Medieval Ensemble
Esek Bayrami – Vox Vulgaris
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!