It’s not easy, but it’s everything
“Gratitude is a flower that blooms in grateful souls.” – Pope Francis
“Are we even capable of counting our blessings anymore?” Pope Francis once asked. Are we blessed beyond measure, but too busy to notice?
In this short video message, Chris Stefanick admits he’s hit the jackpot — a loving wife, great kids, a terrific life. But he says that too often he’s distracted from being grateful for it all. Stefanick recalls visiting developing countries and noticing that some of the happiest people he’s encountered are those with almost nothing.
Gratitude is not about how much you have, or don’t have, but a deeper disposition, an attitude you bring to life each and every day. As Stefanick says, you can begin to unleash gratitude with just two simple words — thank you. Say it more often. Say it to everyone. Most of all, say it to God. As edifying as those two words are for others to hear, they change our own hearts more than anything else.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!