Mass, confessions, lunch … Discover how this saint lived in this exceptional video
About the solemn Mass celebrated on the 50th anniversary of his reception of the stigmata on September 22, 1968, Padre Pio said, “Fifty years of religious life, fifty years nailed to the cross, fifty years of devouring fire for you, Lord, for beings whom thou hast redeemed.”
That same evening he received Extreme Unction and died a few hours later, at 2:30 a.m.
This video and text originally appeared in Aleteia’s French edition
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!