Includes punishments meted out to sinners!
And lest you think only really flagrant sinners are punished, you’ll find nobody gets away with anything in Dante’s vision of hell. Guilty of gluttony? Prepare to be bombarded with rain, hail and black snow. If you think flattery is no big deal, you might be singing a different tune when you are immersed with human excrement in the Eighth Circle of Hell.
To help you through your journey, Lapham’s Quarterly has shared this amazing, clear and clean infographic of Dante’s Inferno. May it serve you as well as Virgil served the poet!
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!