Khloe Thompson started “Khloe Kares” to help vulnerable women in her community
After passing homeless people on the way to school every day, Khloe was inspired to help. With her great-grandmother’s assistance, Khloe makes one-of-a-kind handbags and fills them with personal care items like toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, and feminine hygiene products. She says she was touched when a woman told her that her bag made her “feel like a human being.”
Khloe’s mother says she was fearful at first about her daughter’s direct contact with the homeless, but she stays close by and says that Khloe not only has a way of putting people at ease, but she’s good about introducing herself and explaining what she’s doing.
“It’s really making a difference,” says her great-grandmother, Betty. “It’s making a difference in her, and it’s making a difference in us …”
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!