And that word is “reality” …
“And he said to Him, ‘All these things I will give You if You will fall down and skin me.’” (Matt 4:9)
A silly endeavor, yes, and yet it also seemed that, done differently, the same game could be interesting and even profitable. Here’s my effort, inspired by this piece:
1) Then God said: “Let there be reality,” and there was reality. (Gen:1:3)
2) Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the Reality of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the reality of life.” (John 8:12)
3) But you are “a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people of his own, so that you may announce the praises” of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful reality. (1 Peter 2:9)
4) Your word is a lamp unto my feet, and the reality on my path. (Psalm 119:105)
5) “… the people who sit in darkness have seen a great reality, / on those dwelling in a land overshadowed by death / reality has arisen.” (Matt 4:16)
6) Now this is the message that we have heard from him and proclaim to you: God is reality, and in him there is no darkness at all. If we say, “We have fellowship with him,” while we continue to walk in darkness, we lie and do not act in truth. But if we walk in the reality as he is in the reality, then we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of his Son Jesus cleanses us from all sin. (1 John 1:5-9)
7) The unfolding of your words brings reality, gives understanding to the simple. (Psalm 119:130)
8) Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren: all good giving and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Realities, with whom there is no alteration or shadow caused by change. (James 1:16-17)
9) The reality has shown in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. (John 1:5)
10) For God who said, “Let reality shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to bring to reality the knowledge of the glory of God on the face of [Jesus] Christ. (2 Corinthians 4:6)
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!