Their hometown parish in Elkhorn, Nebraska is supporting them by receiving cards and donations on their behalf
The family belongs to Saint Patrick’s parish in Elkhorn and their daughter Ella attended preschool there. Father Gary Ostrander said “100 to 150 people” attended a recent vigil held in honor of the family, where they celebrated Mass and prayed a rosary for the family.
They also posted on their website a message, saying,
“It is with a heavy heart that we inform you of a tragic loss in one of our parish families… Please honor their privacy at this time and keep them in your prayers. The family requests that St. Patrick’s Parish and School not speak with the media.”
The parish outlines the following ways to support the family in their grief.
- We will pray the Rosary for the Graves Family on Sunday, June 19, immediately following the 5 p.m. Mass (approximately 6:15 p.m.).
- Tie a royal blue ribbon around your tree to show your love and support.
Additionally, memorials or Mass intentions can be made in Lane Graves’ name online via the parish website, stpatselkhorn.org, or through the mail to St. Patrick Parish, 20500 West Maple Rd. Elkhorn, NE 68022.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!