“Rise up and dance”
At the most recent World Youth Day, in Rio de Janeiro in 2013, Rexband had the honor of performing a full concert the evening before the Holy Mass celebrated by Pope Francis.
This year in Krakow the band will perform at the Halleluya Festival, the largest music festival in the Catholic world. The event is being organized by Shalom Community of Brazil specifically for World Youth Day.
Rexband was formed when a number of young people met through the Jesus Youth movement and saw their lives transformed. They wondered how they could use the musical talent God had given them to bring more young people to Christ.
The band is made up of more than 25 artists who have different talents in music. Their style is a fusion of ethnic and contemporary music.
They have released ten albums in different languages over the past decade.
To follow them on Facebook, visit their page: Rexband
And follow Cecilia each day to discover new artists and new music from around the world!
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!