The members of “Choir! Choir! Choir!” gather with Rufus Wainwright to sing one of the most beloved songs of the Canadian singer, songwriter, novelist and poet
Daveed Goldman and Nobu Adilman (AKA “DaBu”) started “Choir! Choir! Choir!” as a weekly drop-in, no-commitment singing event in February 2011, in Toronto, Canada. A few years later, they’re growing strong — they meet twice a week and welcome anyone who likes to sing new arrangements of pop songs.
Here, they gather at the Hearn Generating Station in Toronto, with Rufus Wainwright leading the choir, singing Cohen’s best loved and most frequently covered song. Hallellujah!
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!