This is grotesque and sad
Cue the clichéd crazed-Christian, because that trope is not overdone at all.
And while these two continue to search for the elusive legal abortion — because we’re meant to believe it’s almost impossible to get an abortion in a nation where nearly a million a year are legally performed — they have an ice cream cone. Because getting an abortion is just that casual. It’s something you do between ice cream and a mani-pedi.
“Can I get an abortion here?
It’s sick, and it’s sad, and it’s not even clever. The saddest thing of all is that the people involved in producing such a video truly don’t understand why their effort is pathetic, not funny. Pray for these folks. And pray that Christian pro-lifers continue to develop their outreach in creative, constructive and positive ways. Support such groups in the ways you are best able.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!